My name is Sami, and I'm a photographer. I'm so glad you're here.
I believe in natural light, candid moments, and Dostoevsky's quote: "Beauty will save the world." I've been a lover of fine art my whole life, and I think photography, if done well, falls under that art form.
I love photography for how it allows me to create a little bit of tangible beauty for people in their every day lives. Capturing your images allows me to create inspiring images, but at the end of the day, your relationships inspire me. Photography has always been fulfilling, purposeful, and brought more meaning to my life.
I graduated from Thomas Aquinas College in 2018. I enjoy music, reading, running, watching movies, babies, being with good people, and other normal things. My family is the most precious thing in the world to me. For some reason, self-help books really get me.
I do family and senior portraits, engagement sessions, and weddings based in Ventura County or more generally, the Southern California area. When you book a session with me, I want to make your happiness a priority; I encourage clients to chat with me before the shoot. I want to tell your story.
I believe marriage is a sacred thing. I want my images to capture the joy, beauty, and intimacy that your day is most definitely sure to have. Marriage is a once-in-a-lifetime occasion, and besides the spouse by your side, your wedding photos are one of the few things you'll be able to hold onto after all's said and done. You want to be able to frame your first kiss, and remember your father's tender smile at seeing you in your dress, and show your future kids who each of the members of your loving bridal party were. Pictures help remind us of the wonder, the excitement, the little- and big- moments. While we live in a world where phone camera images are easily had, a wedding day demands much more reverence.
Samantha Nunes Photography guarantees stunning photos that are in proportion to a day as big as your wedding. Weddings are stressful! When you hire me, I will be with you every step of the way. I want to make your day as seamless and stress-free as possible! I care care about what images I put out, but more importantly, I care about my clients.
I make transitioning from the ceremony to poses to partying painless. I specialize in always capturing dreamy, natural shots. I want to capture images that reflect you- your personality, your relationship's warmth and love, your family's enthusiasm and (maybe) craziness. I love candid shots, and I make my clients comfortable enough to do their own thing in front of my camera! On your big day, you should be thinking about nothing else except marrying your best friend. Let me take care of the photos.
So... what's the process?
1. If you're interested in learning more about my services, shoot me a note in the Contact form! Even if you're just curious, I love it when people stop to say hi!
2. If you like the sound of what I can do for you, we'll meet for a consultation, which is always so fun! Meet me in a local coffee shop in town, and we'll talk all about it! Give me all the details, like what your style is, what your expectations are, etc.
3. A nonrefundable 50% deposit is required to book. I accept check or PayPal.
4. The day of the wedding, I'm there! I arrive at least an hour early to prep and scout out the location if I haven't done so the day before. I'm there with you from start to finish- from getting all prettied up to going out with a bang at the reception! My wedding packages offer all day coverage (6 hours).
5. 1-4 weeks after the big day, I deliver images via flashdrive to your door in a beautiful envelope. I give clients the copyrights to print and do what they'd like with the images.
Sound good?! Let's go!!